The Adaptix Companion Animal DT is built for overcoming specific veterinary challenges, with enhanced benefits including;
Low-cost 3D imaging in existing radiology rooms, without losing a treatment room or breaking workflow, or having to refer away
Low-cost 3D imaging enables diagnostic procedures such as dental imaging at costs that are affordable for payers, allowing better care for animal patients
The ability to acquire a ‘full-set’ of 3D dental images in a substantially quicker time than with intra-oral 2D x-rays, transforming the economics of dental care
Vets can purchase a CT scanner, but they have much less throughput than a human CT in a hospital, and so the cost per scan is very high – resulting in less animals having 3D images than might be desirable.
Many Vets practices are space constrained so sacrificing a room for a CT scanner may reduce the number of treatment rooms (and so practice fee income).
A CT is large, heavy and requires 3-phase power and a shielded room – so many small down-town practices may be unable to physically accommodate a CT scanner.
The optimal room for a CT scanner (in terms of accessibility, access to power etc may not be optimal for treatment workflows).
Orthopedic injuries to companion animals are common, but some are difficult to identify (for instance fractures in spaniel’s elbows). Low dose 3D would better enable identification of common issues.
- A desktop 3D imaging system that can be deployed on the treatment room bed in any room that you can currently use 2D X-ray in.
Using intraoral systems on companion animals can be awkward and time consuming.
- Accelerated workflow – acquire a full set of 3D dental images in 2 extra-oral acquisitions. There is no intra-oral detector placement required
- Transforms the simplicity and economics of dental care
Bringing low-cost, low-dose 3D imaging into your practice
2D is the dominant imaging modality but gives a fundamentally limited view of anatomy.
We are bringing 3D imaging to the point-of-care using portable and low-dose solutions.
The Adaptix 3D veterinary imaging system gives a stack of slices through the patient in 3D from a low-cost, low-dose device.
The Adaptix 3D veterinary imaging system has a cost and dose similar to existing 2D X-ray systems.
- Low-cost, low-dose, 3D diagnostic imaging for dental and orthopaedic cases
- Enhanced diagnostic detail compared to 2D – increased diagnostic confidence
- Accelerated workflow – full set of dental x-rays in 2 extra-oral acquisitions. No intra-oral detector placement required
- DT in your existing radiology room – in medical practice DT is proven to reduce referrals to CT saving cost and dose
- Assessment of long-term ‘life-cycle’ conditions such as arthritis, osteomyelitis and metabolic bone disease
- Lightweight and compact device
- No metal streak artefacts as with CT
Please download our brochure for an overview of our low-cost, low-dose, 3D veterinary imaging system.
Point-of-care 3D diagnostic imaging
The portability, low-dose and enhanced diagnostic capability makes our imaging devices the future of clinical point-of-care veterinary imaging.
How it works
We take a series of low dose 2D projections from different positions and use them to reconstruct a 3D overview of the patient using a technique called tomosynthesis.
Reconstructed images are viewed as a stack which can be navigated using the mouse wheel, allowing features at different depths to be viewed independently.
The 3D reconstruction can reduce the need for multiple 2D images and lessens the need for stringent positioning protocols.
More accurate diagnoses and higher profits for your practice
The portability, low-dose and clearer visualisation detail, make our imaging devices the future of clinical point-of-care radiology imaging.
Rapid access to 3D diagnostics
Reduced time for dental acquisitions
Enhanced diagnostic confidence reducing misdiagnosis
Assessment of long-term ‘life-cycle’ conditions such as arthritis
3D diagnostics for similar cost to 2D
Reduced requirement to travel for 3D imaging
Accelerated workflow – fewer acquisitions required
Greatly enhanced diagnostic confidence
Reduced need to refer away
Increased practice profitability
Low up front costs, billed on a pay per study basis
© 2022 by Adaptix Limited | Registered in England & Wales no. 06857417 | VAT No. 119317422